Our Real Estate Blog
Growing healthy herbs is an essential method of adding healthy nutrients to your diet, and also for staying fit. They are natural plant foods that provide antioxidants and vitamins. They add lots of subtle flavors or robust aroma to any dish. People grow herbs in their garden for several reasons: as a hobby, to save money, or for making healthy recipes. Fresh and healthy herbs make meals taste better and are also suitable for soups, stews, and salads.
Grow fresh and healthy herbs anywhere—you have nothing to worry about if you don't have a garden. You can grow fresh herbs in a plant pot and place them near any window in your home. Make sure you keep your herbs where they can get at least six hours of sunlight every day. Be spontaneous when planting your herbs: don't plant only the herbs you know. Why not try something new, then you will be glad you did.
Examples of fresh herbs you can grow to include: Basil, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Mint, Coriander or Cilantro, Parsley, Bay leaves, Sage, Chives, Lavender, Thyme, Oregano, Stevia, and Chervil.
Benefits of growing healthy and Fresh herbs in your garden:
- They are always available: When you grow healthy herbs in your garden, you have them readily available for you anytime, and any day you need them. You don’t worry about the herbs you need to spice your dish because they are right inside your garden.
- They are healthful: Making use of the herbs you grow yourself is much healthier than buying the dried ones from the store. Some store-bought ones might not be organic herbs. All you need to do is to plant natural herbs.
- Including fresh herbs to your diet offers health benefits. It relieves stress. Attending and visiting your herb garden alone helps in relieving accumulated stress from your daily work. The fragrance and the view of your garden have a way of giving new energy. It's a form of exercise too. Tending to your herbs garden is an excellent way of exercising your muscles. Every action involved in gardening like digging, bending, and stretching helps in keeping you fit and contributes to weight loss.
- You’ll have more than enough: You can't fully utilize every one of the herbs you grow because you will have an abundance. With the extra herbs you have, give them out as a gift to colleagues, friends, family, and neighbors. Even the dried herbs are useful.
- It saves money and reduces stress: Buying fresh herbs from grocery stores can be very expensive. And sometimes it might be difficult to find a specific spice whenever you need it because the grocer doesn't carry it. Instead, grow the ones you need, so they're always available.
If you want a full garden, talk to a real estate agent about properties near community gardens or with a large enough patio to add one.